Membership Benefits and Opportunities
The benefits of becoming a member of the Suffield Chamber of Commerce are tangible and intangible, personal and professional.
We foster business exposure for organizations large and small. Through your valuable investment in this enterprising business community organization, you will gain exposure for your business at area networking events, participate in business development programs, and utilize the many professional services available to members only.
As a regional Chamber member, we are your advocate and serve as a referral service dedicated to our members. We are a resource for new arrivals, visitors and businesses. The Suffield Chamber will work to build our community while networking your business.
Networking & Events
The Suffield Chamber organizes ongoing events to provide members abundant opportunities to interact with other business professionals, to promote your business interests, and to develop long-term relationships. This not only grows business reach but your contact field. Imagine how many connections you can make in a year when participating in the Suffield Chamber & TVCA (5 additional area Chambers) events!
Business Spotlight Events
- Chamber Night at the Kent Memorial Library (Third Tuesday monthly, also an opportunity for a specialty or feature spotlight)
- Speed Networking / Membership Drive (March)
- Golf Tournament (June/July)
- Annual Meeting (September)
- Community Speaker Breakfast (September)
- Holiday Party (December)
We always offer event sponsorship opportunities = more exposure!
All of our events are highlighted on our events calendar.
Community Speaker / Breakfast
We focus upon community leadership and significant state or regional business enterprise as the highlight for our yearly breakfast event. This event is held every September and features a guest speaker and/or topic of current event interest. We introduce our Board, fellow new members and existing members and tackle a timely topic of interest to our members. This is a perfect example of an opportunity available through your Chamber membership benefits!
Speed Networking / Membership Drive
Not your standard networking event! This fast and fun event is an effective vehicle of business introduction, which allows professionals to make a room full of new connections in a short time. Two concentric circles (members & non-members) join together for a 'first point' of exposure until everyone meets the entire circle. Developing these contacts over time into solid referral partnerships is key to netting results. A special membership rate is offered to non-members who join the Suffield Chamber at this event. An annual must-attend evening!
The TVCA: Tobacco Valley Chamber Alliance Membership
Suffield Chamber membership instantly makes you a member of this alliance comprised of +5 additional local chambers!
- The TVCA alliance is comprised of Bloomfield, Bradley Regional (Windsor Locks/East Granby), East Windsor, Granby, Suffield and Windsor Chambers. Opportunity to attend these regional events, sponsored locally by each chamber, is also part of your membership.
- The Metro Hartford Alliance helps members engage in the regional economy and legislation that affects small business. A member of our board attends monthly meetings to keep us informed.
This program encourages member participation, commitment, and retention. Ambassadors are liaisons working with the Board and membership to make all members feel welcome and appreciated. Ambassadors play an integral role in promoting strong membership by facilitating discussions and (anonymously) relaying valuable feedback to our President.
We work actively to promote our members in the community through various channels.
- Weekly Member Newsletter eBlasts, also posted to Facebook & Twitter
- Online Featured Business: Suffield Chamber Website Home Page
- Online Event Calendar Posting: Suffield Chamber Website (Community Exposure)
- Event Sponsorships / Raffle Prize Donations (Spotlight Events, Annual Golf Tournament)
- Deals & offers shared on our website as frequently as members have them on services that matter to you!
- Social Media/Technology - A robust new website and social media presence on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter that all support our members with global online market reach.
Online Digital Directory / Mini-Web Page (Search Engine Optimization Driven / SEO)
Your membership features your business with a digital listing in the Suffield Chamber's online business directory. This listing allows businesses and consumers access to connect with your business digitally or conventionally, includes photos and SEO friendly content that helps search engines find you with ease! As a chamber member you have an expanded business listing to promote your presence. A non-member listing will include very abbreviated information.
Education and Professional Development
Tapping into the knowledge of local experts, many who are fellow members, is highly valuable. We encourage our members to take advantage of this great exposure! Throughout the year we offer informational seminars that support business efforts. Seminars vary from educational workshops to presentations at Spotlight events. Past topics include, How to Use Social Media Effectively, Personal Wellness Care, Computer & Data Protection, and Retirement Options.
Government Affairs Support
We follow local, state and federal legislation that affects businesses and our community. We also hold meetings with local and state representatives to bring back valuable information and share it with our Board and membership.
Community Economic Development
We are actively involved in the development of the Town of Suffield. All members are encouraged to attend our monthly board meetings; held the first Thursday of each month (Town Hall, Lower Level), to hear municipal & business related updates from our Economic Development Director, Patrick McMahon.
Chamber PLUS+ (Digital Marketing & Social Media Service)
Chamber PLUS+ is an affordable way to connect your business to social media with this exclusive add-on service at an annual rate of $150 (a $500 value) for Suffield Chamber members only! The service includes a social media start-up 'plug-in', online teaching support, monthly Facebook posting groups, seminars on digital marketing, and exposure of your business happenings, offerings and events on the Shop Suffield CT Facebook page. View more information on Chamber Plus+
Our Administrative Assistant reports to the President and is a part-time, paid Chamber employee. The Administrator is a liaison to the membership, the town, visitors and the Suffield/West Suffield community at large. They maintain our records, send out weekly newsletters and manage the back-end administration our website. They support Spotlight events, our President, and the Board for additional Chamber business.
Being part of a Suffield Chamber committee allows you direct exposure to other business members as well as the ability to provide input on Chamber events.
Our Chamber has a goal of assisting the Town of Suffield with its economic growth. The Suffield Chamber is vital to our community, and you and your business are also vital to Suffield. Your involvement is an investment and commitment to the Suffield/West Suffield community.
Return on Your Business Community Investment
The rewards realized on the affordable cost of membership (just $110) may really surprise you. Our business referrals connect professionals to many resources in the Suffield/West Suffield community.
- Weekly Chamber Newsletter, includes News Sharing & Advertising Opportunities
- Complimentary Hartford Business Journal Subscription
- Free Online Chamber Listing with Links to your Website, Social Media and/or Blog
- Chamber Insurance Trust (CIT) Low-Cost Healthcare Benefit Options
- Participation and Support of Upcoming Projects