Attractions and Family Fun
- The Big E Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield is the home of the Big E, 'New England's Great State Fair'. It beings the 2nd Friday after Labor Day and runs for 17 days. The largest agricultural event on the eastern seaboard and the 6th largest fair in the nation, inclusive of all six New England States. The Avenue of States, Storrowton Village, Midway carnival rides, food & vendors and live concerts attract tourists from near and far!
- Newgate Prison Note: Scheduled to reopen in 2014. Originally founded as a copper mine in the early 1700's. Newgate was first used as a prison to house Tories and Loyalists during the Revolutionary War. It was the first State Prison in America, and also held Confederate prisoners during the Civil War. In 1976 Newgate Prison was declared a National Historic Landmark. Old Newgate Prison is one of the leading tourist attractions in Connecticut.
- New England Air Museum Located just minutes away in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. The museum is situated in two large display buildings consisting of more than 75,000 ft of exhibit space. In fair weather, the outside storage yard is available for touring as well. It includes not only aircraft, but also exhibits on such diverse topics as the History of Sikorsky Aircraft, Early French Aviation, a History of Air Mail, the Tuskegee Airmen, the Flying Mollisons and many others.
- Fire Museum Historic fire equipment from the beginning of the 20th century (including a horse drawn ladder truck, hand drawn hose cart) through equipment used today. The museum is open for viewing; in order to see it one must make a reservation with the fire department.
- Six Flags New England One of the biggest amusement parks in the country located just a short drive away in Agawam, MA. Ride the thrilling 'Bizarro' & 'Goliath' roller coasters plus enjoy their new and improved water park, Hurricane Harbor. Also featuring concerts, live shows offer so many entertainment choices! (413) 786-9300
- Main Street Scenic Highway Route 75 is a designated State Scenic Highway for 4.3 miles through the center of town. Stately homes and large shade trees line this beautiful stretch of roadway.
- King House This historic home shows the graciousness of the 18th century, along with interesting architecture and treasures from the Suffield Historical Society. Open Wed and Sat 1-4pm, May till September.
- Phelps-Hatheway House A historic home built in the 1760's. The attractive grounds are set off from the street with an ornate fence and magnificent gardens maintained by the garden club. Open for afternoon tours everyday from May 15-October 15.
- Hilltop Farm Historic Hilltop Farm is currently being restored as a learning center for farming and environmental stewardship. Our centerpiece is 20,000 sq. ft. dairy barn build in 1914. (860) 668-5650